Thursday, June 7, 2012

Every ONE Matters

Every ONE Matters - it is a theme that was spoken to my heart when the Jubilee market first began. I remember feeling overwhelmed with the enormity of the rescue efforts. I felt so small. I felt that my efforts were insignificant. I felt that I would not be able to make much of a difference. I felt like a pebble being dropped into a vast ocean and that the ripple affects of my efforts would not even be noticed. At that precise moment God spoke to my heart and said, "Every ONE matters to Me. I left the 99 to seek after the one." 

This morning I was reading my devotions from Zachariah 10:4-5. "From Him comes the cornerstone, from Him the tent peg, from Him the battle bow, from Him every ruler together. They shall be like mighty men, who tread down their enemies in the mire of the streets in the battle. They shall fight because the Lord is with them."


At first the insignificance of the components that he mentioned did not make sense to me. A cornerstone? I had to look this one up in the dictionary. "cor·ner·stone -  A stone at the corner of a building uniting two intersecting  walls." When you look at a fort or a palace you don't typically pay much attention to a cornerstone, but if you removed every cornerstone you would have 4 freestanding walls that would not be standing for very long. The cornerstone holds the entire structure together. 


A tent peg? When I think of a tent I don't place the importance on a tiny little peg. But imagine going on a camping trip and trying to set up your tent, only to find that the pegs were left at home.  It does not really matter how big and awesome your tent is if you don't have the pegs to hold it in place. A tiny and insignificant part of the structure, but foundational to the tent.






The battle bow? The arrow would seem to be the most necessary component of this weapon, but imagine using an arrow without the bow to launch it. Who cares how sharp and straight your arrow is? If you have no bow you might as well have no arrow. 


Every ONE matters!  And we have determined that even the smallest insignificant parts are foundational to the structure. In fact we can't live without them! 


As we join forces to rescue victims from se* slavery and human trafficking, you need to know that you matter in the battle. Your efforts, no matter how small are foundational to our success in rescuing these people. 



Every purchase that you make matters! Every prayer that you pray matters! Every home show that you host matters! Every girl that is impacted by our joint efforts matters! If you left out even one little component the entire organization is in jeopardy. We need you! You matter! 



So run the race with me and fight the good fight. You Matter! 


In Comradeship,

Liz Glover

No comments:

Post a Comment